I've gone for college......I hope to go to Jannah.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

For those who think it's extreme to keep asking, "Is it showing any details?"

It has been narrated by Usaamah ibn Zayd (radhi-yAllaahu 'anhumaa) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) clothed me with a thick white linen garment which had been gifted to him by Dahiyyah al-Kalbee, so I clothed my wife with it, and he said: «What is the matter with you, you do not wear the thick white linen garment?» So I said: I have clothed my wife with it, so he said: «Be sure that she wears a ghilaalah underneath it, for indeed I fear it (the thick white linen garment) accentuating her body and bones», transmitted by ad-Dhiyaa al-Maqdasee in "al-Ahaadeeth al-Mukhtaarah", and Ahmad, and al-Bayhaqee in "as-Sunan al-Kubraa", and al-Albaanee declared it hasan in "Jilbaab al-Mar.ah al-Muslimah".

And a ghilaalah is a fine textured and light shirt-like gown which is worn underneath a garment to prevent accentuating her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment