I've gone for college......I hope to go to Jannah.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thoughts that Infuriate me

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatu lahi wa barakatuhu

Before ungratefuly nagging about all the fitan in my life like i was planning to do right now, I would like to mention the Fiqh of Love class taught by Sheikh Waleed Basyouni (his wife is the owner of the blog "Desired Remission") It is a double weekend degree seminar (which means you can actually get a degree in Islamic Studies if you take it along with other degree classes). It is actually aimed at an audience of 17+, people who would probably be looking for partners or already married. I'm sure they didn't have me and my sister in mind, but with Allah's will, we'll end up there anyhow. starting from feb. 12-14 and the next weekend. Friday is free! if you register before feb 1st, its 135$. but after that, it's like 175 or something. yes, there are scholarships. a lot of accomadations if you're coming from out-of-town. God, i love Almagrib so much, im offering free advertisements on my blog. Anyway, that was the nice part (see almaghrib.org)

now the "Thoughts that Infuriate me"
  1. No matter how much more peanut butter and protein i consume, i shall probably remain this short forever. or atleast, until i get to jannah...heh heh, then ill get back at people who made fun of my height. or maybe by then, ill be too happy to care about any of them. yeah, thats probably it. (PB actually makes u taller, said my grandfather)
  2. if a month ago was my chance to wear niqab, i blew it.
  3. i dont appear to be at all related to America (from the outside and inside) but trying to convince "khalas" "aunties" and "tantus" that I am a purebred masry is NOT working.
  4. my 82+ neighbor could actually die anyday now, and I still haven't gotten around to telling her about Islam.
  5. Does wanting to go to a movie theater for once even though i know it's haram make me a bad person? my dad would nod enthusisastically if he read this. my mom'd be like "habibty, there's good in everyone. no one can be all bad" which doesn't really answer the question.

Random hadith:

The Prophet Muhammad once said:
"Allah the Almighty has said: 'Whosoever acts with enmity towards a close servant of Mine (wali), I will indeed declare war against him. Nothing endears My servant to Me than doing of what I have made obligatory upon him to do. And My servant continues to draw nearer to Me with supererogatory prayers so that I shall love him. When I love him, I shall be his hearing with which he shall hear, his sight with which he shall see, his hands with which he shall hold, and his feet with which he shall walk. And if he asks (something) of Me, I shall surely give it to him, and if he takes refuge in Me, I shall certainly grant him it." (Al-Bukhari)

No comments:

Post a Comment