I've gone for college......I hope to go to Jannah.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 and 2012

Assalamu alaikum

Several things i wanted to mention. wait..first, I want to change the font. Much better. I hope. Anyway, has anyone watched the movie 2012? My friend watched it for me and she was telling me how the idea was pretty similiar to Islam. Like, the idea is that everything is destroyed (almost yawmil qiyammah) and there was nothing left of anything. Then she was like, there was one thing that stayed up-and that was the ka'bah. Everything got destroyed except for the ka'bah which stayed in it's place. That got me thinking about what they meant by that and whether the people who made the movie had a certain idea in mind. i might never find the answer to that.

Also, I wanted to share this hadith that I found at this link: and it says how the ka'bah will actually be destroyed sometime before yawmil qiyamah:
http://www.sunnah.org/nl/v0102/letters.html

The Ka'bah will retain its present structure until it is destroyed by "Dhus-Suwayqatayn" from Ethiopia as mentioned in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said the Prophet (saws) said: "The Ka'bah will be destroyed by Dhus-Suawayqatayn (that is literally, a man with two lean legs".2
There is also another narration on the authority of 'Abdullah Ibn 'Amr Ibn al-'As (ra) who said: "I heard the Prophet (saws) : 'A man from Ethiopia with two lean legs will destroy the Ka'bah, take away its treasures and remove its covers. As if I were looking at him, he is a bald man with crooked arms and legs who is attacking the Ka'bah with his iron shovel and pickaxe."3
this will occur after the appearance of "Ya'juj and Ma'juj" (Gog and Magog) as mentioned in Sahih al-Bukhari quoting Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (ra) that the Prophet (saws) said: "the people will continue performing Hajj and Umrah even after the appearance of Gog and Magog".4

1 Sahih (al-Bukhari 1/44, 491, 3/197, 4/412; Muslim 4/99-100; at-Tirmidhi 1/66 and Ibn Majah,2955. See al-Albani's As-Sahihah 1/43).
2 Sahih
3 Sahih (al-Bukhari and Muslim. See al-Mishkat, no. 2721)
4 Sahih

It saddened me that the kabah will actually be destroyed again. :( I hope I don't have to witness that. Also, there is an awesome Ilminar (it's an AlMaghrib thing where you attend a free class online. Online seminar with ilm (knowledge) is ilminar).

It is about the fiqh of food and clothing. Just amazing, masha'allah. You guys can listen to it too. more info at this link (the teacher is the best!)

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=471966#post471966

salams for know, I wanna have breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Jazakillah khair for sharing ukhti! :) I <3 your blog btw mashallah.
    BTW...I'm a fellow member of Qabeelat Haadi, maybe you remember me? We met at Divine Link!:D

    check out a site I help with too at ~ http://www.muslimahsource.org/

    ReplyDelete