I've gone for college......I hope to go to Jannah.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Guess what DECEMBER is?

Assalamu alaikum!
Asta La Vista!
Hallelujah! (I heard that means "Ya Allah!")

I have an anouncement to make!! I am DECLARING DECEMBER as QIYAM-AL-LAYL AWARENESS MONTH!!

This is a month of night prayers and remembering Allah (SWT) even more than we usuallydo. The reason I chose December is because it is the core of winter (along with January, which I will also find a name for). These ahadith are amazing!

It was reported by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (3/203) with a hasan chain that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “Winter is the best season for the believer. Its nights are long for him to pray in, and its days are short for him to fast in.”
And Ahmad reported in ‘az-Zuhd’ (p. 118) with an authentic chain that ‘Umar bin al-Khattab said: “Winter is the prize of the worshippers.”

This was retrieved from http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/the-best-season/#comment-1494 which has the most beautiful article I ever read!!

So OH YOU WHO BELIEVE IN ALLAH
OH SONS OF ADAM, DAUGHTERS OF HAWWAA

WAKE AT THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING...TO PRAY, AND BOW, AND PROSTRATE TO ALLAH!

I am making a sign-up list for anyone who is willing to join me in my efforts to spread qiyam-al-layl! Please copy and past the following TREATY and place your name in the proper area. The challenge is to pray Qiyam Al-Layl for every single night of December. Starting from the time you read this.


I, _________ ___________, A SLAVE OF GOD, DO HEREBY COMMIT TO PRAYING QIYAM AL-LAYL EVERY NIGHT OF DECEMBER, WITH THE INTENTION OF PLEASING MY LORD AND FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON HIM).
I AM AWARE THAT ALLAHCREATEDME, A SLAVE OF GOD, WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN THE CASE OF ANY INJURIES AND/OR DEATHS CAUSED AS A RESULT OF QIYAM AL-LAYL. I WILL PRAY ANY AMOUNT OF RAK'AHS AT ANY TIME DURING THE NIGHT FROM THE TIME OF ISHA UNTIL FAJR [EXCLUDING ANY FARD SALAH, A RAATIBA (SUCH AS THE SUNNAH OF ISHA), OR WITR] INSHA ALLAH, SO HELP ME GOD.

hope that was legally standing, lol! I have started from Monday and honestly, it's becoming harder and harder to get out of bed. I really hope someone else can join me on this. post your experiences and let's help each other out!

help me God!

1 comment:

  1. I, Maryam bint Saifullah, A SLAVE OF GOD, DO HEREBY COMMIT TO PRAYING QIYAM AL-LAYL EVERY NIGHT OF DECEMBER, WITH THE INTENTION OF PLEASING MY LORD AND FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON HIM).
    I AM AWARE THAT ALLAHCREATEDME, A SLAVE OF GOD, WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN THE CASE OF ANY INJURIES AND/OR DEATHS CAUSED AS A RESULT OF QIYAM AL-LAYL. I WILL PRAY ANY AMOUNT OF RAK'AHS AT ANY TIME DURING THE NIGHT FROM THE TIME OF ISHA UNTIL FAJR [EXCLUDING ANY FARD SALAH, A RAATIBA (SUCH AS THE SUNNAH OF ISHA), OR WITR] INSHA ALLAH, SO HELP ME GOD.

    ReplyDelete