I've gone for college......I hope to go to Jannah.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 3 of QAL Awareness Month

Assalamu ala man itaba'a alhuda:

I am very determined to pray qiyam every single night, but I am proving to be a failure. My first night: I was so worried I'll miss it, I barely slept so when it was actually time to pray, I yawned my way through just two rakahs.
And this is after I read the hadith about how the prophet (S) used to pray 11 rakahs at LEAST!! I decided not to repeat my mistake, so I attempted to sleep way early and by 8 I was in bed. The problem was that I stayed in bed...9...10..11:00..11:45...I wasn't sleeping! I am soo used to sleeping late that sleeping early isn't even an option anymore!! Talk about failure! That too led to two more rak'ahs.
My third night was quite my worst night ever! Masha'allah, 4 beautiful rakahs accompanied with a witr! wonderful! Now I truly felt like a sahabiya! At least that's what I thought until I woke up at 8:15 and soon gathered that I HAD MISSED FAJR!! I am hoping that you guys are having more luck, because apparently, my body just doesn't get it yet!

keep me posted! Let's provide encouragement for each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment